Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Columbus Day

I ran 9 miles today in what was supposed to be a nice long slow run. But, it was such a beautiful day, 75 degrees and sunshine, and I felt great.... so - I started out a bit fast and nearly died on the way back in. I ran what I call the 'extended' dump loop through Newbury. It passes the Newbury dump on Boston Road, then cuts back down Hay street, and out to route 1A past Old Town Hill. It's a lovely quiet run with alot of shade.

I really felt great going out. I had a good spring in my stride and all was going very well for the first 5 miles, and then fatigue started to set in. The next three miles were a real struggle, and I'm sure that each was slower than the previous. I had to survival shuffle in the last half mile.

It was such a beautiful day that you would want to run forever, but I guess I need a few more months of solid training before I can do that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home