Monday, October 30, 2006

The Week before Halloween

This past week was a bit of a disappointment. After a great, great run on Sunday (10/23), it seems as though all manner of obstacle got in the way of my running.

My run on 10/23 was just a shade under 10 miles, but I felt terrific and ran pretty consistently at just over an 8 minute per mile pace. I don't think that I've run that fast in several years! I was also helped by the fact that the weather was perfect.

But after that... well, I couldn't seem to get much accomplished. I had planned on taking Monday off. Tuesday, I got in a Karate workout, but couldn't squeeze in a run. Wednesday, I had a great opportunity to do one of my favorite runs. I had to go to Chicago on business, and after checking in at the hotel, I thought a 10 minute nap would be just what I needed.... but... you can imagine the end of that story.

My next opportunity to run came on this past Sunday. I wasn't feeling particularly spry, and the Plummer St. Loop was all I could manage. I'm also starting to battle a cold.

Well, this week is a new week, and hopefully a better one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home